- Download an application (you must first create an account) and pay a one-off application fee (€25)
- Submit your application
- Your application is assessed by IPGA's Assessment and Registration Committee (ARC)
- Your application is approved (or denied, in which case the applicant is asked to resubmit with advice from the ARC)
- Endorsement awarded
- Pay your one-off Registration fee (€55) and annual Membership fee (prorated monthly to a maximum of €110)
- You become listed in our Directory and are able to work and promote yourself as an IPGA Polar Expedition Guide
- Your membership and guiding activity is reviewed annually.
An application for endorsement is declined when 5 members of the board determine that the applicant does not meet the necessary criteria for endorsement.
IPGA also awards Honorary Memberships.