- Create an account and pay a one-time application fee of €25, rolled over to any subsequent applications
- Complete and submit your online application
- Your application is assessed by IPGA's Assessment and Registration Committee (ARC)
- Your application is approved (or denied, in which case the applicant is asked to resubmit with advice from the ARC)
- Endorsement awarded
- Pay your one-time Registration fee (€55) which includes free membership until the end of the calendar year in which you became endorsed
- You become listed in our Directory and are able to work and promote yourself as an IPGA Polar Expedition Guide
- €110 annual membership, payable January
An application for endorsement is declined when 5 members of the board determine that the applicant does not meet the necessary criteria for endorsement.
IPGA also awards Honorary Memberships.